Sunday, July 3, 2011

APRICOT GLAZED BBQ PORK TENDERLOIN

Although I never make them, I love recipes for ribs and wings. I find the ribs too fatty, and wings not worth the trouble. But usually, the rubs, marinades and sauces that flavor and glaze the meat can be used for other cuts of meat, such as chicken thighs, and  in this case, pork tenderloin.

This is my go to recipe for pork tenderloin, cut out from a Rachael Ray magazine years and years ago. Months later I bought her magazine again because of delicious looking ribs on the cover, and surprise surprise, it was the same recipe I had cut out months back. I hate when they do that! When I buy a magazine, I expect fresh content! In any case, this pork tenderloin recipe, adapted from a baby back ribs recipe is an amazingly easy recipe that yields super tender, flavorful


Apricot Glazed  BBQ Pork Tenderloin
recipe adapted from Adam Perry Lang via Rachael Ray

3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 tbsp sweet smoked paprika
1 tbsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp peach-flavor gelatin
3/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp mustard

2 pork tenderloins
1/4 cup store-bought barbecue sauce
2 tbsp apricot preserves

Preheat the grill until it's nice and hot. Mix all the rub ingredients together. Trim the tenderloins and coat with the rub. In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the apricot glaze. Remove half of the glaze to a small bowl to serve with the pork.

Grill the pork until an instant thermometer reaches 145-150 degrees. In the last few minutes of cooking, brush the meat with the half the glaze. Remove pork from grill, and let it rest, covered with foil, for 5 minutes. Slice pork and serve with reserved apricot glaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for visiting! Feel free to let me know what you think, or what you're up to! I love comments!